Friday, August 9, 2013

Small and Simple Blessings

2013-08-05 15.00.29.jpg

"Mommy, what are you doing?" Oliver asked, looking surprised.

"I'm swinging," I answered simply.

And I was, up and back, up and back. It's been years since I've been on a swing like that.

My kids stared up at me like I was a crazy person.

What? Can't a mom have fun on occasion?

Up and back. Up and back, looking into the sky.

I was reminded why kids love swinging so much. It's the closest thing to flying there is.

Up and back. Up and back.

It only lasted a couple of minutes, but it was freeing and refreshing. Rejuvenating even.

Soon, the boys were whining for a push, and so my swinging came to an end, but while it lasted, it was beautiful.

The little things in life are what get us through the big things in life. I'm convinced this is true. Small and simple means. (Alma 37:6).

A moment of beauty, a verse of scripture, the whisper of comfort from the Spirit, a bite of something delicious. When we cling to the small and simple, we find clarity in the big and complicated.

Don't let the huge stuff make the little goodnesses get overshadowed.

 Let each day be filled with small and simple blessings.




No comments:

Post a Comment